A brow lift, also known as a forehead lift:
- Reduces the wrinkle lines that develop horizontally across the forehead, as well as those that occur on the bridge of the nose, between the eyes
- Improves frown lines, the vertical creases that develop between the eyebrows
- Raises sagging brows that are hooding the upper eyelids
- Places the eyebrows in an alert and youthful position
You may be a candidate for brow lift surgery if you:
- Are healthy
- Don’t smoke
- Have a positive outlook and realistic goals
As we age, unsightly wrinkle lines may appear on the forehead. Frown lines between the brows can make us look angry or “too serious.” Skin relaxation may cause the eyebrows to drop, hooding our upper eyelids and making us look tired. If you are bothered by these signs of aging in the brow region, a brow lift may be right for you.
A brow lift at The Almonte Center is performed under local anesthesia. An incision is placed along the hairline known as a “pre-trichal incision”. This can be done along the length of the forehead or with two separate incisions along the sides known as a lateral or temporal brow lift. The decision on which incision to use is based on Dr. Almonte’s findings at your initial consultation.
The recovery time is typically 7-10 days with mild bruising and swelling expected in the upper face including the eyes. A brow lift can be performed as a stand-alone procedure, but is often done in combination with an A-Lift. In fact, the A-Lift plus Brow Lift combination is one of the most popular procedures done at The Almonte Center for Facial Cosmetic Surgery.
Call Now For A Personalized Cosmetic Consultation!